Saturday, September 17, 2016
Competition starts at 3:00 p.m. on the Butler Downtown Square
Thanks to our sponsor, Heritage Tractor!
1. The contestant must be able to pedal the tractor without assistance.
2. A pedal tractor will be furnished for participants.
3. All contestants must wear shoes.
4. Contestants will be given three chances to get the sled moving from the starting line.
5. The tractor must stay between the lines of the pulling lane at all times.
6. If the tractor leaves the pulling lane, the distance will be measured from the starting line to the point where the tractor crossed the boundary.
7. In case of a tie, there will be a pull-off to determine the winner.
8. There will be four classes:
Class 1: 30 – 45 pounds
Class 2: 46 – 60 pounds
Class 3: 61-80 pounds
Class 4: 81-100 pounds
9. Contestants must be 11 years old or younger. Unfortunately, children who exceed the weight limit will not be allowed to participate, regardless of age.
10. Judges’ decision will be final.
11. Registration begins two hours prior to pedal pull (Saturday, Sept. 17, 1:00 p.m.), and will end at 2:30 p.m. No exceptions.
12. Participants will be limited to 10 (ten) per class, with a total of 40 contestants maximum. After the first ten, additional registrations will be taken and placed on a waiting list for cancellations, or to fill the maximum 40, should another class be under the limit by the deadline for registration (2:30 p.m.).
Please keep in mind this is our first year for this event, so it will be a learning process for everyone. The Chamber reserves the right to change the rules.